Sunday, June 18th : Juneteenth Picnic with First Presbyterian (Service: 10 – 11 am & Picnic: 11:15 – 2 pm) (click for details)
- Nothing says summer and Juneteenth like a good picnic! The event will take place on the west side of the Post Office downtown.
- We are invited to a combined church service from 10 – 11 am at First Presbyterian preceding the picnic.
- The picnic will begin at about 11:15 am. NAACP members are encouraged to come and enjoy this wonderful time of celebration. If you would like to bring a special dish to share (i.e. gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, dessert, etc) please feel free to do so. Please note that this year’s picnic is not planned to be a potluck.
Sunday, June 18th: Juneteenth in the Plaza (3 – 9 pm)
- The NAACP will be joining the Juneteenth celebration in the plaza. We will have a booth with information about our branch and voting registration information.
- You can see the complete line up which is attached to this email.
- Everyone keep your fingers crossed it doesn’t rain like last year
- Please wear your NAACP t-shirts to any event listed here. If you would like one, see the information above.