The NAACP mission is to secure the political, social, educational, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
- Ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of minority group citizens.
- Achieve equality of rights and to eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States of America.
- Remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic process.
- Seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state and local laws securing civil rights.
- Inform the public of adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination.
- Educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof.
- Take any lawful action in furtherance of these objectives consistent with the Articles of Incorporation.
- Advocacy Since 1941 the NAACP has been the premier civil rights advocacy entity on Capitol Hill. The NAACP was a leading force behind the enactment of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the 1968 Fair Housing Act, the 1991 Civil Rights Restoration Act and the 2002 Help America Vote Act, the most current reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act among countless others.
- Justice The NAACP advocates for smarter, results-based criminal justice policies to keep our communities safe, including treatment for addiction and mental health problems, judicial discretion in sentencing, and an end to racial disparities at all levels of the system.
- Health The NAACP brings our voice to assist in the eradication of these racial and ethnic disparities, with a focus not only on disease prevention, but on the social and environmental factors that affect health and wellness.
- Education The NAACP Education Program strives to ensure that all students have access to an equal and high-quality public education by eliminating education-related racial and ethnic disparities in our public schools.
- Economic Opportunity The NAACP recognizes the importance of the economy and economic issues in advancing an equal opportunity society and aims to address the challenging economic realities facing our country